FOCUS 2016 is an intense, 2-day conference (with optional add-on 3rd day!) for photographers serious about their businesses.
Last year was a tremendous success, and this year promises to be even better! FOCUS is all business, featuring topics that are essential to running a solid, comfortable (and dare we say “enjoyable” photography business. Topics include pricing, marketing, branding, and sales. There is a special emphasis on in-person sales, a business model that makes serving clients the top priority, and that has proven to be extremely successful for many photographers.
Why Choose FOCUS 2016?
- FOCUS is the only conference of its kind, concentrating on the business of photography first.
- Learning sales, marketing, communication, branding, pricing and business is best done in person!
- FOCUS is taught by real working photographers, not rock-stars, not professional speakers.
- Last year’s participants have ALL gone on to improve their business and dramatically increase their sales.
- FOCUS is not corporately sponsored; you won’t find any hard-sell tactics trying to get you to buy more stuff.
- Access to an exclusive Alumni Group on Facebook after the conference so your learning can continue with your fellow students and speakers.
- FOCUS speakers are qualified far beyond their camera skills; many have degrees, certifications and recognition in business, education, marketing and teaching.
- Go home with practical solutions and learning that you can apply to your business the very next day.
- FOCUS is the only way to learn from 10+ photographers with solid businesses focused on full-service (in-person sales) style photography.
- To take individual classes from each of our speakers would cost you more than $15,000!
- FOCUS allows you to tailor your learning experience, with classes specifically intended for those new to full-service retail photography, and for those who are very experienced.
- Washington DC in the spring is gorgeous! (Bring your camera!)
Special thanks to Susan Wilson Designs for the FOCUS2016 logo design